DISADVANTAGED BUSINESS ENTERPRISE
i BE Participation
Barkley Regional Airport is a part of the KYTC DBE Program
BARKLEY AIRPORT DBE GOAL METHODOLOGY
FAA Public Notices
Passenger Facility Charge (PFC) Change Notices
Barkley Airport uses the PFC funds to cover the local share portions of the projects listed below that the AIP funds require in order to continue to improve the airport without additional tax revenue.
DBE PROGRAM – 49 CFR PART 26
Barkley Regional Airport hereby publishes a proposed overall goal for its Disadvantaged Business Enterprise (DBE) Program for FY 2022 to FY 2024. The proposed overall goal is 8.18% for all FAA-AIP funded projects in FY 2022 to FY 2024.
For additional information and questions, please contact Carol Creason, at (270) 744-0521 or firstname.lastname@example.org during normal business hours.
The Barkley Regional Airport Authority (hereafter ‘the Airport Authority’) has established a Disadvantaged Business Enterprise (DBE) program in accordance with regulations of the U.S. Department of Transportation (USDOT) 49 CFR Part 26. The Airport Authority has received federal financial assistance from USDOT, and as a condition of receiving this assistance, the Airport Authority has signed an assurance that they will comply with 49 CFR Part 26.
It is the policy of the Airport Authority to ensure that DBEs, as defined in 49 CFR Part 26, have an equal opportunity to receive and participate in USDOT–assisted contracts. It is also the policy:
- To ensure nondiscrimination in the award and administration of USDOT – assisted contracts;
- To create a level playing field on which DBEs can compete fairly for USDOT-assisted contracts;
- To ensure that the DBE Program is narrowly tailored in accordance with applicable law;
- To ensure that only firms that fully meet 49 CFR Part 26 eligibility standards are permitted to participate as DBEs;
- To help remove barriers to the participation of DBEs in USDOT assisted contracts;
- To promote the use of DBEs in all types of federally-assisted contracts and procurement activities conducted by recipients
- To assist the development of firms that can compete successfully in the market place outside the DBE program.
- To provide appropriate flexibility to recipients of federal financial assistance in establishing and providing opportunities for DBEs.