DIRECTOR OF OPERATIONS
About Us: We strive to be the front porch to the Purchase Region! We offer 12 inbound and outbound flights per week to and from Charlotte, North Carolina via non-stop jet service provided by Contour Airlines.
Our work environment includes: A modern office setting, growth opportunities, casual work attire and a relaxed atmosphere.
Job Title: Director of Operations
FLSA Status: Non-exempt
Reports to: Executive Director
Posting Closes: 11/3/23
The Director of Operations will work independently, plan, organize, direct, and manage the operations program for Barkley Regional Airport. Oversee and manage activities that ensure and enforce compliance with federal, state, and local regulations regarding airport operations, safety, and security. This role will be responsible for inspections of airside, terminal, and landside facilities. Executes security, certifications, and safety procedures with Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) and Transportation Security Administration (TSA) and airport guidelines.
Reasonable accommodation will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
•Manage airport response to emergencies, (i.e., respond to emergencies, coordinate emergency activities, and implement an emergency plan, etc.)
•Inspect facilities, grounds, and equipment to ensure operations are safe and efficient.
•Create and implement operational procedures to meet federal, state, and local requirements for approval, denial, or discontinuance of facility usage.
•Assist with recommendations on construction, maintenance activities on airport facilities, equipment and construction activities on airside and landside properties.
•Strong practical knowledge and experience in snow removal techniques, operations, and management.
•Updates and maintains Airport Certification Manual (ACM), Airport Emergency Plan (AEP), Wildlife Hazard Management Plan (WHMP), Letters of Agreement (LOAs), and Airport Security Program (ASP); ensures adequate training and compliance with these documents is provided to all airport staff, tenants, and mutual aid companies.
•Inspection of airside, terminal, and landside facilities.
•Coordinating airport construction, snow removal coordination, issuing NOTAMs, ensuring FAR Part 139 compliance, coordinating special events, enforcing environmental regulations, overseeing wildlife hazard mitigation programs, responding to emergencies.
•Provide training to airport staff regarding policies and procedures related to their tasks.
•Coordinate and create individual training plans for staff professional development.
- Review operational standards, write technical reports and develop/prepare proposed changes.
- Observe security violations, request law enforcement response, when necessary; coordinate appropriate actions of airport violations with airport management.
- Monitor performance against airport budgets manages/directs the development of work programs, plans, processes, systems, and procedures to achieve airport goals and objectives.
- Promotes the expectations of the airport in dealing with customer service.
- Coordinates operations with outside contractors.
- Make recommendations on construction, alterations, and maintenance activities on airport facilities and equipment and coordinate construction activities on airside and landside properties.
- Review logs, operational reports, etc., and develop/prepare proposed changes.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in business or equivalent.
- Minimum of five (5) years’ experience in airport operations
PREFERRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal, negotiation, and conflict resolution skills.
- Able to multi-task in a fast-paced changing environment.
- Work independently and use good judgment.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Work various shifts and be called for emergencies.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and delegate them when appropriate.
- Ability to act with integrity, professionalism, and confidentiality.
- Strong leadership skills with a dedication to driving and achieving results
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
This position will supervise and/or assist employees related to specific projects across all the departments within the organization.
This role can be quite stressful, particularly when there are problems or disciplinary issues that require the preferred candidate to remain calm and in control. May work in a fast-paced environment. This position typically works 40+ hours a week and may involve weekend or evening hours.
While performing duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to communicate and converse with employees, maintain a stationary position (standing and sitting), move/traverse, kneel, bend, and reach with hands and arms for extended periods. This position must be able to access and navigate each department at the organization’s facilities.
Barkley Regional Airport is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive considerations for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against based on disability.
This job description is not intended to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Other duties, responsibilities, and activities may change or be assigned at any time with or without notice.
All employment with the Barkley Regional Airport is “at-will” which means that Barkley Regional Airport or employee can terminate the employment relationship at any time with or without cause.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $28.50 per hour
Benefits: Dental insurance, health insurance, paid time-off and vision insurance
Schedule: Monday to Friday
Ability to commute/relocate: West Paducah, KY 42086: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
Experience: Airport Operations: 5 years (Required)
Work Location: In person